Search This Blog

March 27, 2011

You Are Entering Mountain Time Zone

So... last Sunday, March 20, I began my road trip with my friend Kathy. I took the Amtrak from Chicago to Macomb, IL, then sat at a diner reading "All Together Dead" by Charlaine Harris while waiting for Kath to show up. We ate, filled up on coffee and gas, and started towards Iowa. We made it through Illinois, Iowa, and part of Nebraska the first day. Stayed in Lincoln, then woke up on Monday and got through the rest of Nebraska, and a lot of Colorado. Of course we stopped in Denver (who wouldn't??)




We slept in Grand Junction, and then woke up on Tuesday and continued through Utah, a small bit of Arizona, Nevada (stopping at the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop... aka the Pawn Stars pawn shop) then made it through California to LA by Tuesday night. It was quite a drive and I took 222 pictures before my camera died.




It was a ridiculously gorgeous drive, and I'm so happy that I went :) I've never seen anything like it, and I clearly had a great time bumpin' along to music with one of my best friends. 

You can view Kathy's blog here, she'll be seeing greatness all summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment