Search This Blog

February 17, 2011

Recycled Crafts!


Last year I became a huge fan of all things recycled. I started researching different craft projects to use recycled materials for and found a few that I put to good use. I found some sites that had tutorials for magazine bowls, you've seen them in stores for a ridiculous price... but you can make them at home with old magazines, hot glue, and some extra time. I ended up making this awesome bowl which I brought down to school with me and used in my kitchen as my fruit bowl :)
Since then, I've also made a set of 4 coasters and also a music note decoration for my wall. I love it because it's one of those repeat movements that relaxes you and lets your mind wander. You can also make them into any shape your little heart desires, which makes it even more fun!
Check out my tutorial for the bowl and coasters here


And for a closer look at the coasters and music note, use the following links
Coasters
Music Note

I already have a lot more pages folded and ready to be glued... I'll let you know if I come up with something different than what I've done before!

No comments:

Post a Comment